Become a Photographer: Beginner Start-Up Guide
Are you trying to learn how to become a wedding photographer? We’ll introduce the key concepts you need to understand when you are starting a photography business. This is photography 101 for anyone studying how to be a photographer professionally.
Everything from considerations for starting a portrait versus a wedding photography business, shooting a wedding, setting up pricing and other essentials for when you are just starting out.
Planning and Preparing for Your Business-Before:
As you start exploring the idea of a photography business, you'll want to give serious consideration to the type of business you will run. Don't jump in blindly; instead consider the different lifestyles and pros and cons to each type of niche.
- Breaking into the Photography Business: “Working Your Way Up” Theory
- Questions You are Dying to Ask a Pro
- Part Time or Full Time Photographer? Consider Your Options
- Photography Websites Made Simple: Where to Get One
- Are You Giving Away Your Work?
- Photography Market: Portraits Vs Weddings?
Marketing Your Photo Business:
A big part of a photography business is marketing. In order to get clients, you have to do marketing, plain and simple. Otherwise, it will not be a business, as you will not have clients. There are many different types of photography marketing strategies you can put in place, and part of the process is trying out a few to see what fits best with your business and your style.
- 11 Free Photography Marketing Strategies
- 8 Killer Marketing Ideas and Tips
- Facebook Marketing Strategies
- Getting Started with Facebook and Twitter
- Online Marketing Tips and Tricks
- Why You Need a Marketing Plan
Setting Up Your Photo Business:
- Photography Portfolio Tips: 5 Ways to Create and Outstanding Portfolio
- 7 Major Timesavers Every Photographer Needs to Know
- Photography Studio Software: Shootq
- Getting Your Shoot q up and Running
- Develop Your Marketing Plan: Annual Studio Retreat
- A Guide to an Effective Contract
- Photographer Email Templates
- Book Review: Weddings-Snapshots to Great Shots
- Photoshop vs. Lightroom
- 8 Tips for Taming the Production Beast